EMX Corporation is a service oriented disadvantaged business enterprise, CBE # LSD63001082016 energy consulting firm based Washington, D.C. EMX Engineers have been working together since 1994 with the desire to provide quality services and to be recognized as a leader in its field. EMX specializes in sustainable energy efficient design for mechanical, plumbing, electrical and technology building systems.
EMX is an extremely diverse and flexible engineering firm offering full, in-house services in the fields of:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plumbing Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Technology Infrastructure Engineering
- Building Automation and Controls
- Energy Audit/Analysis
- Certified Energy Managers
- Life-Cycle Cost Economic Analysis
- Construction Administration
- LEED Accredited Professional Design
- Quality Assurance Program
Many of our client’s have implemented specific design standards. We understand the importance of these standards and specifically tailor our design in order to successfully incorporate them into the client’s design specifications. We have developed quality assurance programs for each of our client’s throughout the design and construction process.
The EMX design team has successfully handled over 500 projects with (more than 10 million square feet) an estimated construction cost as low as $100,000 to ones which have construction costs of over ninety million dollars.
EMX is a local full service Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Engineering firm. The firm managers are fully involved in all phases of project design throughout the life of each project. The result is consistently well-coordinated projects that meet the client’s time and budget schedules.
Foundation of Success
Unique methodology built upon key elements
EMX has a comprehensive quality assurance program for the design of MEP systems for municipal buildings. We check all engineering continuously throughout the design process. We model each system using 3-D AutoCAD or Revit as requested and provide a corresponding load analysis and energy model.
- Drawings are made using electronic 3-D building information modeling software. This allows us to see and coordinate the installation of various building systems during the design process.
- The building characteristics are installed into the system design load and hourly analysis program modeling software. This allows us to evaluate the building loads and develop an energy model. We use this to evaluate the life-cycle cost for each alternative solution. This provides a system with the best value for the Client.
- We model the lighting photometrics for each space and create a design binder for each project. This allows us to know exactly how many different fixture types are required, as well as the unit power density and the average illumination for each space at a glance. We do this to ensure that we are providing energy efficient designs.
- LEED Energy Modeling is performed after the Owner selects the system type. We have designed many LEED projects for our Client’s ranging from LEED certified to LEED platinum.